Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Science & Health
Fri November 16, 2012
Infection Data from Alabama Hospitals Online
The public now has access to some of the information reported by Alabama hospitals about healthcare-associated infections.
The Legislature passed a law in 2009 requiring hospitals to report infection information to the Alabama Department of Public Health. Now, the department has started putting that information online at: http://www.adph.org/hai
The online reporting is beginning with a few types of infections, including surgical site infections of the colon and abdomen and catheter-associated urinary tract infections.
State Health Officer Don Williamson said Thursday the information should not take the place of patients and doctors discussing the choice of a hospital.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.