Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Science & Health
Fri November 16, 2012
Infection Data from Alabama Hospitals Online
The public now has access to some of the information reported by Alabama hospitals about healthcare-associated infections.
The Legislature passed a law in 2009 requiring hospitals to report infection information to the Alabama Department of Public Health. Now, the department has started putting that information online at: http://www.adph.org/hai
The online reporting is beginning with a few types of infections, including surgical site infections of the colon and abdomen and catheter-associated urinary tract infections.
State Health Officer Don Williamson said Thursday the information should not take the place of patients and doctors discussing the choice of a hospital.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.