Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Around the Nation
Fri April 18, 2014
Indiana Man Lets Buyer Keep His Stolen Car
Originally published on Fri April 18, 2014 10:10 am
KELLY MCEVERS, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Kelly McEvers with the story of not one, but two, good Samaritans in Boonville, Indiana. A Chrysler belonging to Derk West was stolen last week. The thief then sold the car to a 72-year-old man for 300 bucks. That buyer started feeling like the deal was too good to be true.
So he looked up the car's rightful owner, Mr. West, gave him a call. Derk West decided the older man needed the car more than he did so he let him keep it. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.