Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri May 7, 2004
Incinerator Will Increase Burn Rate
By Alabama Public Radio
Anniston, AL – The Anniston Army Depot's chemical weapons incinerator has been given approval to increase the number of rockets destroyed each hour. Site manager Tim Garrett says the U-S Environmental Protection Agency gave the go ahead. He says it will allow workers to increase rocket disposal to a maximum of 25 per hour. That's about 75 percent of the rate demonstrated during trial burns two months ago. Operations had been limited to destroying 16 rockets per hour.