Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Arts & Life
Mon May 6, 2013
Huntsville Hockey Player, Brother Win Amazing Race
An Alabama pro hockey player and his brother have claimed the $1 million prize of TV's Amazing Race.
Good note-taking skills turned out to be a key part of their victory after all the running, swimming and scrambling across the globe.
The finale took competitors from Edinburgh to Belfast to London to Washington, D.C., where they twice had to show a good memory for details of their voyage. At one point, their finishing positions in several past episodes translated into the combination to a briefcase containing a clue. At another, they had to line up countries in the order in which they had visited them.