Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Politics & Government
Mon September 24, 2012
Huntsville Attorney Nominated for TVA Board
Huntsville attorney Joe Ritch has been nominated by President Barack Obama to become the second Alabamian to serve on the Tennessee Valley Authority board during its 79-year history.
Ritch told The Huntsville Times that it's an honor to be nominated. His nomination is subject to Senate approval. Ritch has been active in economic development work and is the longtime chairman of the Tennessee Valley BRAC Committee.
The first Alabamian to serve on the board of the federal utility, former Adtran President Howard Thrailkill of Huntsville, left the board in December 2010 after serving more than four years. He was selected by President George W. Bush.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press