Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue August 28, 2012
Hunt For Lion Outside London Called Off
Originally published on Tue August 28, 2012 8:32 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. British authorities have called off the lion hunt. In a county outside of London residents insisted they'd spotted a lion on the loose. One couple in Essex even took a fuzzy photo of it. Police took the reports seriously and even sent two helicopters to aid in the hunt. But local zoos report no big cats missing, no cats were found and authorities now suspect that this was a tall tale rather than a lion's tail, sort of a Loch Ness lion. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.