Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Thu December 5, 2013
Hubbard Working With Gov. Bentley On Boeing Pitch
House Speaker Mike Hubbard says he's assured the governor that the Legislature will make sure Alabama is competitive for the Boeing 777X aircraft assembly plant.
The Republican leader from Auburn said Thursday that he and Gov. Robert Bentley have had discussions about Boeing and have gone over different scenarios about what the Legislature could do to help.
Hubbard says he told the governor that legislators will do everything in their power to land the Boeing project.
Alabama's offer to Being is due Tuesday. Several other states are competing for the project.
The Missouri Legislature has been in special session this week to approve a package that ranges from $435 million over two decades to create 2,000 jobs to $1.7 billion for the addition of 8,000 jobs.