Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Thu December 5, 2013
Hubbard Working With Gov. Bentley On Boeing Pitch
House Speaker Mike Hubbard says he's assured the governor that the Legislature will make sure Alabama is competitive for the Boeing 777X aircraft assembly plant.
The Republican leader from Auburn said Thursday that he and Gov. Robert Bentley have had discussions about Boeing and have gone over different scenarios about what the Legislature could do to help.
Hubbard says he told the governor that legislators will do everything in their power to land the Boeing project.
Alabama's offer to Being is due Tuesday. Several other states are competing for the project.
The Missouri Legislature has been in special session this week to approve a package that ranges from $435 million over two decades to create 2,000 jobs to $1.7 billion for the addition of 8,000 jobs.