Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Thu February 6, 2014
Hubbard Running For Ala. Attorney General
State Rep. Joe Hubbard is running for attorney general of Alabama.
The Montgomery Democrat is promising to address public corruption, consumer protection and crime.
Hubbard announced his campaign on Thursday. He is the only candidate to challenge incumbent Republican Luther Strange. Hubbard is accusing Strange of being an absentee attorney general.
The 33-year-old Hubbard is completing his first term in the Alabama Legislature, where he serves as minority whip. He is the great grandson of former U.S. Sen. Lister Hill, who represented Alabama in Washington for more than 45 years.
The Alabama Legislature eliminated Hubbard's legislative district when it drew new district lines that take effect later this year.
Hubbard acknowledges he will face a tough battle against the well-financed incumbent Republican.
Attorney General Endorsement