Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
House Committee Heads
Tue January 8, 2013
Hubbard Names Leaders For Some Ala. House Panels
Republican House Speaker Mike Hubbard of Auburn has appointed representatives to fill committee leadership vacancies prior to the Feb. 5 start of the 2013 regular session.
Republican Rep. Lynn Greer of Rogersville will replace Rep. Mac McCutcheon of Capshaw as chairman of the Transportation, Utilities and Infrastructure Committee. McCutcheon recently became chairman of the House Rules Committee, replacing former Rep. Blaine Galliher of Rainbow City. Galliher resigned his House seat to take a position on the governor's staff.
Republican Rep. Allen Farley of McCalla was named vice chairman of the Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee and Republican Rep. Barry Moore of Enterprise vice chairman of the Commerce and Small Business Committee.
Hubbard named Republican Rep. Bill Roberts of Jasper vice chairman of the Committee on Boards, Agencies and Commissions.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
House Rules Chairman