Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Fri October 25, 2013
House Unlikely To Turn To Immigration Anytime Soon
As House Republicans pummeled the White House at a hearing Thursday on the rocky online debut of federal insurance exchanges, President Obama tried changing the subject. He again urged Republicans in the House to do as the Senate has done and pass a broad rewrite of the nation's immigration laws. But the chances that could happen any time soon appear remote.