Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue April 27, 2004
House Expected to Pass Education Budget
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The four-point-five billion dollar education budget is expected to pass the Alabama House Tuesday. But this year's version does not include funding requests from several museums and non-state agencies. Representative Richard Lindsey, chairman of the House Education Finance and Appropriations Committee, says it's probably the beginning of a trend. He says he doubts the Legislature will restore the funding in the near future. The Senate also has passed a version of the budget, but it's likely senators will have to vote on it again to address changes made in the House.