Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Around the Nation
Tue October 29, 2013
Hosts Call Police After Their Own Party Rages Out Of Control
Originally published on Wed October 30, 2013 6:49 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
A desperate act in wartime comes when you call an air strike on your own position. This, in effect is what the hosts of a party in Eugene, Oregon had to do. More than 200 partygoers got out of hand. Even the private security couldn't handle it. Rather than wait for angry neighbors to call police, the homeowners called the cops themselves. Police did not make arrests as they broke things up. But their best professional judgment was that people looked a little drunk.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.