Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Tue April 13, 2004
Hostile Fire Killed Alabama Soldier
By Alabama Public Radio
Alexander City, AL – Another Alabama soldier has been killed in Iraq. The Defense Department reports 21-year-old Lance Corporal John T- Sims Junior of Alexander City was killed April 10th. Sims died when he came under hostile fire in the Al Anbar Province of Iraq, which is west of Baghdad. Sims was assigned to the Second Battalion, Fourth Marine Regiment, First Marine Division of the First Marine Expeditionary Force. He was based at Camp Pendleton, California.