Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Science & Health
Wed January 2, 2013
Hospital Moves Labor and Delivery, Pediatric Units
A hospital in Decatur is moving its labor and delivery unit and pediatric department to another facility this week.
The Decatur Daily reports Decatur-Morgan Hospital is moving the units from Parkway Hospital to Decatur General Hospital to help offer a more unified health system in Morgan County.
Officials say the move will also save the hospital about $100,000 annually, and no employees will lose their jobs as a result of the consolidation.
Hospital officials say about 900 babies are born annually in Morgan County and one hospital can accommodate labor and delivery services.
It is not yet clear what the labor and delivery wing at Parkway Hospital will be used for after the consolidation.
Information from: The Decatur Daily, http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/index.shtml
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.