Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed March 3, 2004
Hospital Implements Quarantine
By Alabama Public Radio
Lineville, AL – The administrator of Clay County Hospital says a quarantine is in place to guard against the spread of a gastrointestinal virus. Linda Jordan says it has plagued the facility and an adjacent nursing home for the past two weeks. Nearly 70 patients have been treated for the G-I virus since February 23rd. Jordan says patients are being treated for dehydration and other complications related to severe vomiting and diarrhea. Because of the illnesses, the hospital is accepting no visitors except immediate family members. Visitors are also restricted from the hospital-operated nursing home. Jordan says the ban will be lifted when the number of cases drops.