Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon January 5, 2004
Honda Plant in Lincoln Gets More Business
By Alabama Public Radio
Lincoln, AL – Honda will shift all production of its Odyssey minivan to its Alabama factory in Lincoln beginning this fall.
The company made the announcement yesterday in Detroit, during the 2004 North American International Auto Show. At the show, Honda unveiled a concept version of a new sport utility truck. The S-U-T will be made in Canada, so Honda decided to move all Odyssey production to Alabama to make room for the S-U-T in the Canadian plant.
Honda's Lincoln plant already makes more than 92 percent of the Odysseys produced in North America. In December, Honda announced its Pilot, a sport utility vehicle, would also be made at the Lincoln plant.