Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Thu May 15, 2014
On The Hill And Off It, Two Different GOP Positions On Minimum Wage
Originally published on Thu May 15, 2014 7:18 pm
Prominent Republicans — including former presidential candidates Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum and Tim Pawlenty — have endorsed a minimum wage hike in recent weeks. And in Vermont, lawmakers approved the nation's highest statewide minimum wage, in a deal brokered by a Republican state senator. Nevertheless, a nationwide increase faces solid Republican opposition in Congress.