Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Around the Nation
Wed October 3, 2012
High School's Dress Code Spoils Homecoming Dance
Originally published on Wed October 3, 2012 9:14 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A high school in Utah has a dress code for the homecoming dance. The dresses should not be too short, with hems hitting, quote, "at or near knee length." Dozens of young women were turned away from that dance. The hems were near the knee, but apparently deemed not near enough. So many people were denied entry it became a disaster. The principal has now apologized for the vague rule and for what is being called the homecoming spirit massacre. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.