Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon January 24, 2005
High Court Doesn't Consider Car Tag
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, DC – The U-S Supreme Court chose not to consider whether South Carolina's pro-life license plates are unconstitutional. Such tags are sold in eleven other states, including Alabama. Monday's decision means an Appeals Court ruling will stand. That decision stated the South Carolina plates violate the First Amendment because pro-abortion groups were not given a similar forum to express their beliefs. Planned Parenthood challenged the "Choose Life" plates in South Carolina, saying the program amounted to "viewpoint discrimination."