Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Alabama Severe Weather
Mon February 25, 2013
Heavy Rains, Brisk Winds Forecast for Alabama
Forecasters say severe storms are possible in southwestern Alabama, and strong winds are likely in north Alabama.
A cold front is moving in from the west, and a warm front is pushing north out of the Gulf of Mexico.
The National Weather Service says the colliding systems are creating a risk of severe storms in Mobile and the surrounding area on Monday. Rainfall totals could exceed 4 inches.
Wind gusts up to 30 mph are possible in central Alabama, along with heavy rains.
Forecasters say winds could be even stronger in the Tennessee Valley, with sustained winds up to 30 mph and gusts to 40 mph.
Temperatures will be cooler Tuesday after the systems pass, with highs in the 60s in the south and the 50s to the north.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.