Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Fri August 22, 2014
Heat Advisory Covers All Of Alabama
Forecasters have issued a heat advisory covering the entire state of Alabama as temperatures are expected to approach 100 degrees.
The National Weather Service said the heat advisory will be in effect starting at 11 a.m. Friday.
Weather service forecasters expect temperatures to range from 95 degrees to 100 degrees across much of the state.
Forecasters say the heat index -- what the temperature feels like -- will climb to 110 degrees in some areas.
In the Mobile area, highs are expected to hit 96 degrees Friday, 98 on Saturday and 99 on Sunday.
In the Montgomery area, the forecast calls for highs around 99 Friday and 100 on Saturday.
In the Birmingham and Huntsville areas, highs are expected to be in the upper 90s Friday and Saturday.