Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Fri August 22, 2014
Heat Advisory Covers All Of Alabama
Forecasters have issued a heat advisory covering the entire state of Alabama as temperatures are expected to approach 100 degrees.
The National Weather Service said the heat advisory will be in effect starting at 11 a.m. Friday.
Weather service forecasters expect temperatures to range from 95 degrees to 100 degrees across much of the state.
Forecasters say the heat index -- what the temperature feels like -- will climb to 110 degrees in some areas.
In the Mobile area, highs are expected to hit 96 degrees Friday, 98 on Saturday and 99 on Sunday.
In the Montgomery area, the forecast calls for highs around 99 Friday and 100 on Saturday.
In the Birmingham and Huntsville areas, highs are expected to be in the upper 90s Friday and Saturday.