Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Science & Health
Tue October 30, 2012
Health Officials Close Doors of Clanton Hospital
The Alabama Department of Health has issued an emergency order suspending the license of Clanton Hospital and closing its doors.
The hospital operates as the Chilton Medical Center. It was given notice earlier this month that its license could be revoked.
An attorney for the health department, Brian Hale, said Monday the hospital didn't have enough money for payroll checks for employees. Hale said there were two patients in the 60-bed hospital Monday and they were being transferred to hospitals in Alabaster and Birmingham.
A hearing officer will consider permanent revocation of the license Nov. 8. A representative for the hospital could not be reached for comment.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.