Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
2011 Storm Reports
Thu May 5, 2011
Health Concerns in Wake of the Disaster
By Maggie Martin
Tuscaloosa, AL – After last week's tornados devastated dozens of neighborhoods across Alabama, health professionals scrambled to tend to the injured and prevent further illnesses from breaking out. The most pressing health issues in the state range from the blood supply for trauma victims to food and water safety. Alabama Public Radio's Maggie Martin takes a look at some of the short term health concerns in the wake of the disaster.