Most Active Stories
- Selma 1865-- The First "March to Freedom"
- Selma-- "This is something I'll tell my kids..."
- From Bloody Sunday to a White Wedding
- SPLC response to Supreme Court decision, Alabama charter schools and food insecurity fundraiser
- AL Supreme Court halting same-sex marriages, State of the State address and charter schools
2011 Storm Reports
Thu May 5, 2011
Health Concerns in Wake of the Disaster
By Maggie Martin
Tuscaloosa, AL – After last week's tornados devastated dozens of neighborhoods across Alabama, health professionals scrambled to tend to the injured and prevent further illnesses from breaking out. The most pressing health issues in the state range from the blood supply for trauma victims to food and water safety. Alabama Public Radio's Maggie Martin takes a look at some of the short term health concerns in the wake of the disaster.