Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Politics & Government
Wed October 3, 2012
Hart Elected Chair of Ala Securities Commission
Birmingham accountant James L. Hart has been elected chairman of the Alabama Securities Commission.
A member of the regulating board since December 2010, Hart was selected unanimously for the leadership position by fellow commissioners.
Hart leads the forensic accounting and litigation services decision at the Birmingham firm of Dent, Baker & Co.
Hart, a native of Huntsville, was first appointed to the commission by former Gov. Bob Riley. Hart's current term ends in 2014.
The Montgomery-based Securities Commission regulates the securities industry in Alabama.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press