Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Fri May 17, 2013
Hangout Fest Opens Friday in Gulf Shores
It's a big weekend for live music on the Alabama coast.
The third annual Hangout Festival opens Friday on the public beach in Gulf Shores.
Organizers say three-day festival passes are sold out, but single-day tickets are still available.
Started during the BP oil spill in 2010, the Hangout Festival provides the coastal tourism industry with a big jumpstart on beach season.
Acts this year include Kings of Leon, Stevie Wonder and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.