Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Tue May 18, 2004
Habitat for Humanity in Iraq?
By Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – The founder of Habitat for Humanity says his organization is ready to turn its attention to rebuilding Iraq.
Alabama native Millard Fuller founded Habitat with his wife in 1969. Habitat is a volunteer-centered organization that has built housing for an estimated 800-thousand people in nearly 90 countries. The organization has already built 500 houses in Afghanistan. Now Fuller says he hopes they can now help ease tensions in Iraq.