Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Tue May 18, 2004
Habitat for Humanity in Iraq?
By Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – The founder of Habitat for Humanity says his organization is ready to turn its attention to rebuilding Iraq.
Alabama native Millard Fuller founded Habitat with his wife in 1969. Habitat is a volunteer-centered organization that has built housing for an estimated 800-thousand people in nearly 90 countries. The organization has already built 500 houses in Afghanistan. Now Fuller says he hopes they can now help ease tensions in Iraq.