Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu June 14, 2012
Gym Manager Booby-Traps Locker To Catch Thief
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Thieves have been breaking into gym lockers and stealing wallets at Vita Fitness in Washington, D.C., so manager Chris Kopp posted a sign reminding people about the surveillance cameras in the locker room. But as NBC 4 reports, Kopp went further. He slapped a flimsy lock on one locker and rigged it so flour would poof out on the person who opened it. Sure enough, a would-be thief took the bait and got covered in flour. Did that make it a white collar crime? You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.