Most Active Stories
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Michelle Obama delivers Commencement Address at Tuskegee
- Lang Lang In Concert At The Met Museum
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Politics & Government
Wed June 26, 2013
Gulf Shores to Conduct Impact Study on Festival
City leaders in Gulf Shores have voted to conduct a study to gauge the economic impact of the Hangout Music Festival.
WALA-TV reports (http://bit.ly/14VPM6v ) the mayor and city council voted unanimously Monday night to spend $12,500 on a six-week study that will compare the cost of hosting the event with lodging and sales tax revenue the festival generates.
The city has hosted the three-day, beachfront festival for four years and officials say they want an independent examination of its impact on the city.
Officials say the study will be conducted by Auburn University.
Information from: WALA-TV, http://www.fox10tv.com/