Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon August 9, 2004
Grand Jury Testimony Continued Monday
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The grand jury investigation into government corruption continued Monday with more witness testimony. Two of former Governor Don Siegelman's closest associates addressed the federal grand jury. Long-time aide Marilyn Rowe worked with Siegelman during and after his term as governor. Former executive secretary Nick Bailey also was called to speak to the grand jury. Bailey worked for Siegelman when he was both lieutenant governor and governor. Bailey pleaded guilty last year in the investigation and is now a cooperating witness. Bailey also appeared before the grand jury in June. Both Bailey and Rowe declined comment after their appearances.