Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Fri November 19, 2004
Governor Riley Meets with SACS Officials
By Alabama Public Radio
Atlanta, GA – It happened in Atlanta and concerned Auburn University's current probation. Riley declined to comment on the discussions, but deputy press secretary John Matson says the governor had a "frank discussion." Riley did say he's still committed to doing whatever it takes to get Auburn off of probation this year. SACS will hold its annual meeting in early December and will consider Auburn's status. The accrediting agency placed Auburn on probation last December after investigating complaints that the school's board of trustees was adversely affecting day-to-day operations.