Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Fri August 22, 2014
Governor Bentley Says Country Behind Hacking
Gov. Robert Bentley says a country was behind the hacking of a state computer network in January.
Bentley told reporters that he knows which country, but he can't say. He says the only reason he knows is because of his top secret security clearance and that's why he can't reveal the name.
He says the hacking was caught and corrected.
State officials announced in January that employees of the state Information Services Division had discovered the breach, and they said they were beginning a criminal investigation. Bentley says he doesn't expect any criminal case now.