Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Fri August 22, 2014
Governor Bentley Says Country Behind Hacking
Gov. Robert Bentley says a country was behind the hacking of a state computer network in January.
Bentley told reporters that he knows which country, but he can't say. He says the only reason he knows is because of his top secret security clearance and that's why he can't reveal the name.
He says the hacking was caught and corrected.
State officials announced in January that employees of the state Information Services Division had discovered the breach, and they said they were beginning a criminal investigation. Bentley says he doesn't expect any criminal case now.