Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Tue October 22, 2013
Governor Bentley Grants Extra Holidays
Gov. Robert Bentley is giving state workers extra holidays on the Friday after Thanksgiving and on Christmas Eve.
Bentley announced the days off on Tuesday in a letter to state department directors and a video message to state employees that was posted on YouTube.
Alabama governors have traditionally granted the extra days in addition to the 13 holidays set by state law. Bentley says he's giving the extra days off to show state employees how much he values their service and to allow them to celebrate with family and friends during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
In the video message, Bentley said, "I wish you a warm and happy holiday season."