Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Affordable Health Care Act
Thu June 28, 2012
Governor Bentley disappointed with health care ruling
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley says he is ``deeply disappointed'' with the U.S. Supreme Court ruling upholding much of the federal health care legislation.
Bentley issued a statement shortly after the Supreme Court's health care ruling was announced saying that the health care act created more regulation and bureaucracy.
Bentley calls the health care act the worst legislation to come out of Congress. He says the legislation must be repealed.
Bentley, a physician, issued a statement with his reaction within minutes after the ruling was released.
Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange also issued a statement saying he disagrees with the court's ruling. He says the ruling will be costly to states that will now have to pay for the mandates to the health care act.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)