Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri November 30, 2012
Governor Bentley Appoints Rep. Oden To Alabama PSC
Alabama's governor has appointed Republican state Rep. Jeremy Oden of Vinemont to a vacant seat on the Alabama Public Service Commission.
Gov. Robert Bentley said Friday Oden will resign from his north Alabama House seat before joining the state's utility regulatory board on Monday.
Bentley served with Oden in the House before becoming governor and said Oden will represent the needs of utility consumers in a fair and responsible manner. Oden will fill the seat held by Republican Twinkle Andress Cavanaugh before she was elected president of the PSC on Nov. 6.
Oden has represented District 11 for 14 years. It covers parts of Cullman, Blount and Morgan counties. Bentley said he will schedule a special election soon to fill the House seat.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
Politics & Government