Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Mon July 30, 2012
Governor Announces New Road And Bridge Projects
The State of Alabama is adding more road and bridge projects to a list to be improved with state and local funding. 34 more construction projects are now part of the ongoing program known as A-TRIP. That's short for Alabama Transportation Rehabilitation and Improvement Program. Governor Robert Bentley announced the extra work during a speech in Madison County. That area will receive two new bridges over the Flint River and Mill Creek amongst other projects totaling seven million dollars of improvement. Mobile and Tuscaloosa Counties will get five new projects worth a total of seven million dollars as well. So far 139 projects have been approved spread out over 17 counties.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.