Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon January 6, 2014
Gov. Bentley Tops $3 Million For Campaign
Gov. Robert Bentley has already raised more for his re-election campaign than he spent to win the Republican nomination for governor in 2010.
Bentley's campaign filed a campaign finance report showing he raised more than $746,000 in December. That brought his total fundraising to $3.3 million.
Bentley reported spending $2.6 million to win the Republican nomination in 2010. His entire campaign in 2010 cost $8.1 million.
Bentley said he believes people are supporting his re-election campaign because unemployment is the lowest since 2008, taxes haven't been raised, and more than 40,000 new jobs have been announced for Alabama.
Bentley faces former Morgan County Commissioner Stacy George in the Republican primary June 3.
Governor Bentley Second Term