Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Mon January 6, 2014
Gov. Bentley Tops $3 Million For Campaign
Gov. Robert Bentley has already raised more for his re-election campaign than he spent to win the Republican nomination for governor in 2010.
Bentley's campaign filed a campaign finance report showing he raised more than $746,000 in December. That brought his total fundraising to $3.3 million.
Bentley reported spending $2.6 million to win the Republican nomination in 2010. His entire campaign in 2010 cost $8.1 million.
Bentley said he believes people are supporting his re-election campaign because unemployment is the lowest since 2008, taxes haven't been raised, and more than 40,000 new jobs have been announced for Alabama.
Bentley faces former Morgan County Commissioner Stacy George in the Republican primary June 3.
Governor Bentley Second Term