Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Fri December 6, 2013
Gov. Bentley Dealing With Boeing, Airbus
Gov. Robert Bentley says he's assuring Airbus that it is still Alabama's priority even though he's courting their competitor, Boeing.
Bentley says he was up early Friday to work on Alabama's offer to Boeing to make the 777X aircraft in the Huntsville area, and he said he will work throughout the weekend to finish the proposal by its due date Tuesday.
One issue is how much money Alabama can offer after landing the Airbus aircraft plant in Mobile last year. Alabama and local governments offered several tax breaks and $158 million in incentives.
Bentley said he talked with the head of Airbus Friday morning to assure the company is still Alabama's number one priority. He said he's told both companies that they will remain competitors no matter the site selected.