Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Fri December 6, 2013
Gov. Bentley Dealing With Boeing, Airbus
Gov. Robert Bentley says he's assuring Airbus that it is still Alabama's priority even though he's courting their competitor, Boeing.
Bentley says he was up early Friday to work on Alabama's offer to Boeing to make the 777X aircraft in the Huntsville area, and he said he will work throughout the weekend to finish the proposal by its due date Tuesday.
One issue is how much money Alabama can offer after landing the Airbus aircraft plant in Mobile last year. Alabama and local governments offered several tax breaks and $158 million in incentives.
Bentley said he talked with the head of Airbus Friday morning to assure the company is still Alabama's number one priority. He said he's told both companies that they will remain competitors no matter the site selected.