Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Politics & Government
Thu October 24, 2013
Gov. Bentley: ASU audit lawsuit a "distraction"
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - Gov. Robert Bentley says Alabama State University is trying to create a distraction by suing the forensic accounting firm he hired to review the university's finances. The lawsuit accuses Forensic Strategic Solutions of issuing a "false and misleading" report intended to interfere with ASU's economic relationships with alumni, students and supporters. ASU filed the suit in California. Bentley said Wednesday that ASU's decision to file the suit in California rather than Alabama, where FSS is based, is proof the suit "is nothing in the world but a distraction." ASU says it chose California because FSS has a substantial presence in California. Bentley is president of the ASU board by virtue of being governor. He says he's still deciding how to address the suit, including whether to try to intervene.