Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Chief Justice Complaint
Thu November 1, 2012
GOP Chairman Files FEC Complaint Against Democrat
Alabama Republican Party Chairman Bill Armistead is accusing Democratic chief justice candidate Bob Vance of violating federal election law with a $2,000 contribution to Barack Obama's presidential campaign in 2008.
Armistead filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission on Thursday saying that Vance should have registered as a federal campaign committee after he made the contribution from his state campaign account.
Vance said he reported the expenditure properly on his state campaign finance report. He said no state or federal official has ever advised him that he should have done anything differently. He called Armistead's complaint a desperate attempt to district voters.
Vance faces Republican Roy Moore in Tuesday's election.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
Supreme Court Race