Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Tue September 18, 2012
Golden Arches Adds McNoodles To Austrian Menu
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with a tale of McGlobalization. McDonald's has concluded that Asian noodles are popular in Austria, so the company will give the land of Arnold Schwarzenegger what it wants. McNoodles took a year to develop and are available with curry sauce, among other things. The company has been adapting to foreign markets for years. In India, where eating beef is not so popular, the McAloo Tikki burger is made of potato, red inions and vegetable sauce. It's MORNING MCDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.