Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue August 10, 2004
Goff Group wants AL Insurance Commissioner Out of Complaint
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Insurance executive John Goff is trying to keep state Insurance Commissioner Walter Bell from hearing a complaint against him. He filed paperwork asking Bell to step aside and let someone else hear the case. Goff says Bell and other members of his department are key witnesses in an administrative complaint filed last month against the Montgomery-based Goff Group. The complaint accuses the firm of collecting more than 800-thousand-dollars in premiums from Alabama customers and agents in 2002 -- and NOT passing along the money to companies that were actually writing the insurance. Goff says he and his company have done nothing wrong. An Insurance Department spokesman says Bell is reviewing Goff's request.