Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Sun February 17, 2013
German official to tour Alabama Mercedes-Benz Plant
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Germany's top government representative in the American Southeast is scheduled to visit the Mercedes-Benz plant in Alabama. Al.com reports Christoph Sander, the German consult general based in Atlanta, will tour the automobile plant in Tuscaloosa County on Monday. He's also scheduled to visit BLG Logistics Inc., a German-owned logistics provider and Mercedes supplier. Later in the week, Sander plans to make his first official trip to Mobile on Wednesday. Sander has been a foreign officer for the German government since 1983 and has made several official visits to Alabama since he took office in September.