Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Sun February 17, 2013
German official to tour Alabama Mercedes-Benz Plant
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Germany's top government representative in the American Southeast is scheduled to visit the Mercedes-Benz plant in Alabama. Al.com reports Christoph Sander, the German consult general based in Atlanta, will tour the automobile plant in Tuscaloosa County on Monday. He's also scheduled to visit BLG Logistics Inc., a German-owned logistics provider and Mercedes supplier. Later in the week, Sander plans to make his first official trip to Mobile on Wednesday. Sander has been a foreign officer for the German government since 1983 and has made several official visits to Alabama since he took office in September.