Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri July 23, 2004
German Company Comes to Alabama
By Alabama Public Radio
Pell City, AL – German-based Eissman Incorporated will build its first North American production plant in Alabama. Pell City will host the operation. Eissman manufactures leather components for automobile interiors and plans to begin production by 2006. The company will ship its components to the Mercedes Benz plant in Tuscaloosa County. The operation is expected to create about 85 new jobs. Governor Bob Riley and Eissman executives made the announcement during a teleconference. Riley has been in Europe on an industrial-recruiting trip and will return home Saturday.