Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Tue June 12, 2012
George Zimmerman's Wife Charged With Perjury
Originally published on Wed June 13, 2012 8:07 am
Shellie Zimmerman, the wife of George Zimmerman, has been charged with one count of perjury.
According to court documents, Shellie was charged for knowingly making a false statement during the bond hearing of George Zimmerman.
George Zimmerman has been charged with second degree murder in the shooting death of teenager Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old African-American. George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, has claimed he acted in self defense.
Earlier this month, Zimmerman's bond was revoked after authorities learned he had not revealed that he had collected more than $200,000 through a Paypal account, which was set up after the case drew national attention.
Zimmerman is in jail.
Correction at 9:10 a.m. ET, June 13: Earlier, we mistakenly wrote that Trayvon was the neighborhood watch volunteer.
Update at 4:40 p.m. ET. Bond Set At $1,000:
According to a press release from the Seminole Co. Sheriff, Shellie Zimmerman, 25, was arrested at 3:30 p.m. ET, today. She was booked and bond was set at $1,000.