Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Wed July 24, 2013
George H.W. Bush Shaves His Head In Support Of Ailing Boy
In a very sweet gesture, President George H.W. Bush shaved his head to show solidarity for Patrick, the two-year-old son of one of the members of his Secret Service detail.
Patrick, Bush's spokesman Jim McGrath said on Twitter, is undergoing treatment for leukemia, so he lost his hair.
McGrath tweeted this picture of Bush with the little guy:
And this one of Patrick with Bush and the entire Secret Service detail:
Patrick's prognosis is "very positive." You can learn more about Patrick and his family at their website.