Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Wed July 24, 2013
George H.W. Bush Shaves His Head In Support Of Ailing Boy
In a very sweet gesture, President George H.W. Bush shaved his head to show solidarity for Patrick, the two-year-old son of one of the members of his Secret Service detail.
Patrick, Bush's spokesman Jim McGrath said on Twitter, is undergoing treatment for leukemia, so he lost his hair.
McGrath tweeted this picture of Bush with the little guy:
And this one of Patrick with Bush and the entire Secret Service detail:
Patrick's prognosis is "very positive." You can learn more about Patrick and his family at their website.