Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed May 12, 2004
Gas Prices Hit Another High
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – It's beginning to become routine, but gas prices have reached another all-time high in the state. The average price for a gallon of regular unleaded is one dollar-82 cents. That's an increase of 40-cents since the first of the year. It's 43-cents higher than a year ago. The national average for regular gas is one dollar-93 cents per gallon. The middle grade fuels are selling for an average of two-dollars-five cents a gallon, and premium gas costs about two-dollars-12 cents.