Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Gambling Machines Seized
Mon March 31, 2014
Gambling Machines Seized In Greene County
Alabama's attorney general says law enforcement agents have seized more than 1,000 gambling machines and cash from casinos in Greene County.
Attorney General Luther Strange said in a news release that the seizures came as law enforcement agents served search warrants at four casinos. He said the action came in response to allegations of illegal gambling operations.
The search warrants were served Monday morning at Greenetrack and Greene Charity in Eutaw, Ala., and at Frontier Bingo and River's Edge in Knoxville, Ala.
Strange says an investigation over the last several months led to the searches.
The gambling machines and an undisclosed amount of cash are being held as evidence. They will be subject to forfeiture procedures in Greene County.