Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Science & Health
Tue January 21, 2014
Frigid Cold Returns
Another blast of arctic air is expected to move into the state, bringing temperatures as low as 10 degrees to parts of northern Alabama and high winds across most of the state.
By early Friday morning, low temperatures are expected to drop to around 10 degrees in the Florence, Gadsden and Huntsville areas. Temperatures early Friday morning in Birmingham are expected to drop to 15 degrees.
High winds are expected to accompany the bitterly cold temperatures.
The National Weather Service issued a wind advisory for most of the state. Winds of 20 to 25 mph were expected, with gusts as high as 35 mph.