Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon September 6, 2004
Friday is "Be Ready Day" in Alabama
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – State officials say they want Alabamians to "be ready" and to celebrate National Preparedness Month. Friday is "Be Ready Day." Governor Riley, the state Department of Homeland Security, the state Emergency Management Agency and others will be out at the Capitol that day, talking with the public and showcasing their preparedness efforts. Exhibits will include a public safety helicopter, decontamination demonstrations and first aid and CPR training. Governor Riley says Alabamians should take advantage of "Be Ready Day" to learn about what they can do to protect themselves in case of a homeland security incident.