Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon September 6, 2004
Frances Pushing Through Alabama
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – The remnants Tropical Storm Frances are expected to bring plenty of strong and gusty winds Monday evening. The winds are expected to affect a large part of Alabama Monday night through Tuesday afternoon. Southeast Alabama will see winds in excess of 40 miles per hour. A few gusts may reach 50 to 60 miles per hour in some areas. But wind gusts of 30 miles per hour or more may also occur through tomorrow as far north and west as Oneonta, Birmingham, Centreville and Selma.